As the leading banking group in the Middle East, Emirates NBD runs operations worldwide with a total of 970 branches. As of the end of March 2020, the group’s total assets were USD 692 billion.
Emirates NBD was aiming to extend its group-wide institutional banking business and improve operational efficiency mainly in interbank lending and lending to non-banking sectors (supranational, insurances and international corporates).
In order to achieve its goals, the bank needed to overcome the following challenges:
- – Difficulty in monitoring and managing complex and multiple systems manually
- – Operational inefficiencies caused by the traditional systems
- – Poor management reporting
- – Unstructured communication among departments
- – Non-transparent processes.